[Rhodes22-list] anchor locker - dumb questions - reply to Mike C.

Rick Lange SloopBlueHeron at ISP.Com
Sun Jun 29 22:11:40 EDT 2008

Mike,
Use the anchor rode tray as intended.  Hauling rode and
chain from the cockpit is a good way to lose it overboard.
I only
use the vent to dry out a wet rode.  A solid cap works better.  Unless you
have small hands available, a thin nylon line attached to an eye in the
cap can pull the bitter end of the rode out first to tie onto the bow
cleat.  Then with another nylon line, pull out the last chain link to
attach to the anchor.  Finally, pull out the rest of the rode and the
chain on top.  Put it back in reverse order.
Minimum fuss, nothing
overboard in rough seas and more storage under your cockpit
seats.
As for a Nicro vent, put a solar powered one aft of the solar
collector.  It keeps the humidity down in the cabin.
Rick

Just the angles of the vent. It pays to turn the "horn" aft :-)
The Nicro
> will do a better job then "horn (the way the
baffles work inside the