[Rhodes22-list] anchor locker - dumb questions

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Mon Jun 30 09:34:43 EDT 2008

Mike,

I store my primary anchor and rode in the lazarette, but I rarely anchor.  A
laundry basket under the cockpit seat sounds like the way to go.

I store my secondary anchor on the bow pulpit, detached from the chain rode.

I store my secondary rope and chain rode in the anchor locker with the open
air scoop.  We've had some major blowing rain but I've never found standing
water in the locker.  I assume the rope has sucked up what little moisture
gets in there and then it evaporates quickly.

Stan admits the anchor locker isn't his most practical design and recommends
an anchor/rode bag if you want to store everything on the bow.  It only
takes one time trying to jam your rode into the locker to figure out that
there's got to be a better way.

I don't know how much ventilation the air scoop creates, but I don't get the
mold and mildew problems that most of my friends get on their boats.  I
think the gap between the companionway door and the poptop slider helps a
lot.

Lee
1986 Rhodes22  At Ease
Kent Island, MD