[Rhodes22-list] Say What, Barack?

petelargo petelauritzen at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 7 10:18:17 EST 2008

Really. This is seriously nit-picky.  The march to which Obama referred was
not one of the famous Martin Luther King Selma marches, which started in
1965. In 1955, a group of black women walked home instead of taking the bus,
a preface to the more famous Montgomery Bus Boycott of 1956. As well, civil
rights marches had started occurring in late 50s.

As regards his oratory abilities.  Compared to a president that can't
conjugate a verb, speak in complete sentences, or pronounce words, anybody
looks smooth AND less embarrassing.

For a more substantiative political critique I suggest the discussion of
whether the bush presidency will be eventually considered a catastrophe or a
disaster. I am undecided, but willing to hear arguments on both sides.

Pete Hussein Lauritzen
Key Largo