[Rhodes22-list] relocating the topping lift - any experience out there?

Lou Rosenberg lsr3 at nyu.edu
Fri Mar 7 12:44:30 EST 2008

John

I have a similar problem with "Miracles".   I have a fwd facing bail
which is not being used, a 4 sheave masthead
which means my furler is using one set of sheaves and the main the
other.
Roger Pihlaja recommended that I  just run a line from the masthead
to a small block on the side of the boom and cleat it there.  Simple and
gives you cockpit control of the Topping lift.

Additional question for anyone following this THREAD::
HAS ANYONE CHANGED A  MASTHEAD??
mine looks to be welded on.

Of course last Sept I forgot to even attach the line when we raised
the mast but this year I will try not to forget.
Lou (Hussein) Rosenberg

project boat going to launch mode by May