[Rhodes22-list] Leaky Ports - question on sealant's name...

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Fri Mar 7 17:07:39 EST 2008

The term Life Seal Sealant was used in the discussion of leaky ports under
the subject heading of Tangent Topping Lift Question.  Can I presume that
the sealants correct name is Boat Life Sealant?

I tried to use that Boat Life in the cockpit drain a couple of years ago.
It did not hold up.  At the direction of a professional roofer on this forum
I used one part urethane roofing sealant.  It worked as he told me.  I also
used it on my project boat rebuild.  The stuff works and comes in many
colors.  The brand name Rummy referred me to was HP-1.

The problem that the Boat Life seemed to have was adhering to the epoxy
repair.  I had used Boat Life for years just as a sealant, but it did not
want to stick permanently to the epoxy repair area.  That repair was with
the West System products.  Also, the repair was made about this time of
year, maybe a few weeks later when it was just warm enough.  I waited until
epoxy repair was fully cured.

You might be able to do it in one day about June 21st.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
“It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong
man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit
belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by
dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short
again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and
spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at
the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly so that his place
shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor
defeat.”  Theodore Roosevelt