[Rhodes22-list] Mo Gubmint - Politics & Education

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Sat Mar 8 17:34:22 EST 2008

This paragraph pretty well sums it all up, and we're much coser to
AGREEING on the topic than we are DISAGREEING.

With the ills you describe, no matter their cause, can you BLAME parents
who want alternatives? In spite of the non-sense rhetoric spewed on this
forum, those that seek something different, whether it be home-school or
private education, are not doing it because they're a buch of wide-eyed
fantatics trying to protect their children from the evils of a godless
world. They're, for the most part, concerned parents trying to break
their children out of a broken system.

As far as "blaming the teachers", that's where you and I have to part
ways a bit. I blame the system, and the teachers are part of that
system. Every workable iniative, wether it be voucher systems or higher
standards for educators, is opposed by the teachers unions and their
lobbies.

Personally, I'd love to see a voucher system. Then those to whom
education is the most important, the parents of the students, would
dictate where the money goes for their educations.

--
Herb Parsons
S/V O'Jure - O'Day 25