[Rhodes22-list] Ron Lipton's Political Glee

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 08:09:41 EDT 2008

Ed,

I looked at Bill Foster's website right after Ron first posted on his
friends run for Congress.  He's obviously a smart guy and probably honest to
a fault.  That will be tested as soon as he gets 'schooled' by Nancy and her
gang.  What ever happened to her "draining the swamp" in the first hundred
days?  Running against a lame-duck President who is only slightly higher in
the polls than Congress, both at dismal lows, is hardly a profile in
courage. The first likely compromise and broken promise he'll have to
address is on Iraq.  Both Obama and Hillary are already back-peddling on
their troop withdrawal plans.  Once in office, neither will want to be
charged with "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory" or have their
administration forever remembered with a photo like the evacuation of the
American Embassy in Saigon.  On the health care issue, Mr. Foster will
likely get the opportunity to vote his conscious on some bastardized  "feel
good" bill that one can only hope doesn't lead to the failed systems of
Canada or Great Britain.  These are difficult times for conservatives.  The
Republican party has lost its way as the champion of conservative values and
the country is tacking leftward.  One can only hope that our country can
come to its senses before we're too far down the path of socialized Europe
too late to be saved.  Congratulations Mr. Foster, and good luck!

Brad