[Rhodes22-list] Ron Lipton's Political Glee

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Sun Mar 9 14:43:40 EDT 2008

I always get a kick out of it when people try to use someone's failures
(ignoring their successes) in their attempts to disparage them. I often
see it said about President Bush, but this one's interesting:

This guy had the following against him:
Defeated for state legislature
His business failed
He suffered a nervous breakdown
Defeated for state speaker of the house
Defeated trying to become his party's nominee for Congress
Later was elected to Congress, but was defeated in his bid for re-election
Defeated in a bid for the US Senate
Defeated as the nominee for Vice President
Second defeat for US Senate

What a loser

Oh yea, Lincoln finally DID win the Presidency.

--
Herb Parsons
S/V O'Jure - O'Day 25