[Rhodes22-list] Catastrophe or a disaster?

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 12:07:45 EDT 2008

Rummy,

The tear is right at a seam where a batten fits.  I don't know how much
overlay I can get with the tape without interfering with the batten pocket.
I may just take it back to the folks who did the last repair and blow the
$100. The sail can be replace for $900 on the cheap end to $2300 for all the
bells and whistles.  Since I don't race and don't go offshore, the $3000
aftermarket behind-the-mast mainsail furling system with sail looks
attractive.  Maybe next season.

Boys and Girls - pay attention here!  If you own a Rhodes 22, think twice,
no, make that three times before you make a so called 'upgrade' to a bigger
boat.  My boat, an S2, was built by a superb boat builder, Leon Slicker, who
also built a great 22 footer.  Too bad he and Stan didn't get together and
build the Slicker-Spitzer 22. Love to hear Rummy say that five times in a
row on Mt. Gay!

Brad