[Rhodes22-list] Poor, poor, Eliot Spitzer (political)

john Belanger jhnblngr at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 11 12:29:56 EDT 2008

write a book, of course.  titled...........................................................?

"Michael D. Weisner" <mweisner at ebsmed.com> wrote:  This morning, the local oldies radio (B-103) devoted an "hour of song" to
our esteemed gov, Eliot Spitzer, starting off with this oldie by the David
Rose Orchestra in '62:
http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/window/media/page/0,,228562-884614-WMLO,00.html

then playing various listeners requests such as:
Evil Ways, Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye, I Will Survive, Da Ya Think I'm
Sexy, Honky Tonk Women, Love To Love You Baby, House Of The Rising Sun,
Can't Buy Me Love, Hit The Road Jack, December, 1963 (Oh, What A...), That's
The Way (I Like It), Love Potion Number Nine, You Make Loving Fun,
Green-Eyed Lady, Born To Be Wild, My Girl, You've Lost That Lovin Feelin,
and many more.

They will prosecute him under the "Mann Act of 1910" which was originally to
prohibit white slavery. It also banned the interstate transport of females
for "immoral purposes." So much for "the law" in town.

Of course, the best comment was from a listener who was concerned about what
the E. Spitzers would do to earn a living, now that his career in public
office is effectively over (unless he wants to run for POTUS.) She said
that he would have no problem since he was caught doing exactly what lawyers
do for a living.

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY