[Rhodes22-list] Spitzer's Spritzer

Rob Lowe rlowe at vt.edu
Wed Mar 12 17:06:57 EDT 2008

Elle,
Turns out the $10K thing is a misperception.  NPR did a couple of stories on
it yesterday.  Turns out ALL financial transactions are scrutinized by a
computer program and it flags certain ones for further investigation.
People with a high political exposure (i.e., governors among others) receive
greater scrutiny than us peons.  His transactions raised some eyebrows which
led to wiretaps.  And you want to know who is responsible for the increase
scrutiny?  Eliot Spitzer.  Doh!

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=88116176