[Rhodes22-list] Robert, sailboat slips

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Tue Mar 18 16:53:59 EDT 2008

Tootle wrote:
> Robert,
> In this part of the world it is dockominiums...
> So, if you want to buy a dockominium in Charleston, SC, they are available.

Somehow, Ed, your description of dockominiums doesn't
move me to sell my house by the Gulf of Maine, my
sailing paradise.

I still have the option of trailering wherever my
charts lead me, and can launch on a heavy dew.  Just
takes longer to set up, and that eats into my sailing
time.

The guys who put their money into a power boat will
be following that up with a bunch more bux for gas.
Could be, when this recession (depression?) is over,
there may be more slips available...

By the way, I tend to stay away from New York even
when they are not hauling the garbage out.

/Robert