[Rhodes22-list] Robert said, "... (Big Al, not sailing, costs of gas...)

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Tue Mar 18 21:17:56 EDT 2008

Tootle wrote:
> ... And then there are computer programmers
> with big Ford Explorers ... How much for a
> fill up???

Ed,

Sent this message to the family last night.
Thought you might enjoy a little crow.

/Robert

Hana-chan has joined the family.  She is a
2008 Toyota RAV4 with V6 engine, 3500 lb
tow package, on-demand four wheel drive,
and a real 26 MPG appetite measured over
her first 1500 miles.  Comfortable, too.

Hana is a Japanese girl's name meaning
"happiness and work", pronounced HAH-nah,
and we hope that she will be happy in her
service to the 4 "B"s.

The name also appears in Arabic, Hawaiian,
Spanish and Slavic forms, but since Hana
is a Toyota, made in Japan, the Japanese
interpretation seems appropriate.

She was adopted at an age of only 3 miles
on 29 February 2008, allowing us to retire
Blanche, our ancient and honorable Ford
Explorer (1997, 154,000 miles, 15 MPG)
who served us so well well over the years.

It was difficult to say "Goodbye" to Blanche,
as we had just bought new shoes for her, and
she was still enjoying the full power of her
5.0 litre V8 engine and sure-footedness of
her all wheel drive, but her appetite for
fuel and length of tooth prompted the move.
We do not need her 7000 lb tow capability.

Pictures of Hana are attached, with Bud
and Brandy in the back seat.

--
Bob and Barbara Skinner, helping the economy
in our own not so little way.