[Rhodes22-list] A Rhodes visit?

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Mon Mar 31 12:06:30 EDT 2008

Sara,

In response to your off-list email, I am posting to the list as well as sending directly to you since I do not know if you are receiving email from the list.  Please post all replies to the list so that everyone can read the replies (and chime in if they feel like), unless the message contains personal info (telephone numbers or the like) that you would not want to place on a public forum (indexed by Google for the world to search.)

As to the question of our location and circumnavigation of LI, you may wish to look at the Frappr site, http://www.frappr.com/rhodes22, where many of us have placed a "pin" on a map showing where we call home.  Click on the "Members" tab to see photos of many, each linking to their location.  We are "Mike and Sheryl W" (you can search on Frappr) located on the north shore of LI.  We sail the LI Sound most of the time.  We have not attempted to circumnavigate LI although we have discussed the possibility of doing so.  You may be interested in the "Around LI Regatta" (http://www.alir.org), although I am not really interested in a race.  I was thinking of a week or two, not a day or two.

Welcome to the list, pull up a stool and choose your libation.  You are more than welcome to hang out here even if you do not have (or do not buy) a Rhodes 22 sailboat.  "Da list" is made up of Rhodies (newbies and oldies), wannabees, former owners (they are still Rhodies, just like there is no such thing as a "former" Marine), drinkers, T-totalers, liberals, conservatives, and all sorts of mostly nice folk.

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY