[Rhodes22-list] Alan Robertson, a comment to your Posts...

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Mon Mar 31 18:22:22 EDT 2008

Alan,

Thank you for your post.  And notwithstanding your comments, we really do
respect and appreciate having you.  We are sort of like the Chinese of old
and respect our elders.

On the other hand, there are many still on this list from when it was on
Sailnet.  We were limited to text messages with subject limited to sailing.
With such a diverse group from all over North America we constantly had post
saying, “is the list working???”

Among the group was a New York City computer guru named Michael Meltzer.  He
offered to set up the forum that you now enjoy.  A while later he made it so
we could post pictures.  Imagine seeing a Rhodes 22 --1000 miles away set up
the way you wanted to set up your boat.
http://www.nabble.com/file/p16399125/diamond%2Bboard.jpg diamond+board.jpg

Many of us have met each other over the years.  During the course of time
many have traveled to different waters and had the occasion to met each
other or even sail with others.  You are welcome to come south.  Captain
Rummy does exist and is known to take others for a sail on Lake Hartwell.

As to other subjects, since you bring it up, how come you did not tell of us
your former governor?  See attachment:
http://www.nabble.com/file/p16399125/very%2Bpresidential.gif
very+presidential.gif

>From South Carolina, where the water is soft, zephers warm, and sailing is