[Rhodes22-list] Non-Sailing: NY Air Show Pics

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Thu May 1 15:47:51 EDT 2008

Leland,

Try this website: http://www.jonesbeachairshow.com/

I think that's where the airshow photos were taken.  As many of you know, I
grew-up (we use that term loosely) in a town of 650 people in downstate in
Illinois.  NY-NY used to scare the hell out of me.  An Irish-Catholic girl
from Long Island helped me to overcome a lot of those fears (let's not
discuss how).  I was based in NYC for two plus years in the 90's and learned
to love the place.  When my youngest son and I attended the final game of
the World Series between the Yankees and Padres in San Diego, he asked me,
"Dad, you worked in New York, do all New Yorkers talk like that?"  "Son, FU
is kinda like a greeting, somewhat like 'howdy', only different".

Brad