[Rhodes22-list] This day in history

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Fri May 2 16:29:55 EDT 2008

Herb,

I agree with you that respect for the President (whether or not I voted for
him) is required.  Even if I disagree with his performance, actions, etc. he
is THE PRESIDENT.  Criticism of the President has become a "sport" in this
country (just tune in to late night TV comedians) and is permitted by most
of us as a freedom, whether you and I support it or not.

Unfortunately, the problem that you cite is not covered by the list charter.
The charter states "Netiquette: Posts to the group are expected to be
considerate of other readers."  Unless POTUS is a member of this list, your
objection is unfounded, while offending those who are members of "da list"
is clearly forbidden.

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY