[Rhodes22-list] This day in history

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Sun May 4 23:05:01 EDT 2008

I think you missed Brad's point. He was saying that how much (or even
how little) you spent of your money was your business, that the issue
becomes when you want to spend HIS money on your causes.

That's the root of the problem of much of the left's social policies.
They want me to pay my money for the causes they think are important.
I'm perfectly capable of finding my own causes.

As for "subsidies for the corporate favorites" (again, pretty vague) I'm
against all of them. I think all corporate taxes should stop.
Corporations don't pay taxes, they collect them from customers and
clients, then send them to the government. Of course, the "middleman"
function costs them money and that further increases the cost.

But, there's the other option that so many seem to be fond of. Tax 'em
right out of the country. That way, they decide other places are cheaper
to do business, and we don't have to worry about them any more.

Of course, it's not much of a long term solution...