[Rhodes22-list] This day in history

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Mon May 5 07:58:27 EDT 2008

Rummy,

Don't forget the business cycle - what goes around comes around!  I cashed
in some of my international chips to buy my airplane (worse than boats for
money pits, definitely not investing).  Commodities are at a 200 year high
because of demand from India and China.  They have their own cycle as well.
China has significant problems to face down the road and can't keep the
current pace going forever.  I manage a pretty good chunk of change for a
Chinese investor (who has a similar education as mine, an accounting degree
in China with a US MBA from a high profile school) in US muni-bonds - same
deal as you in reverse.  It's all in the eyes of the beholder. If I knew
where the market was going to be in a year I'd be out shopping for a
Gulfstream instead of busting knuckles on an old Bonanza.

Brad