[Rhodes22-list] miles per gallon

KUHN, LELAND LKUHN at cnmc.org
Mon May 5 10:10:23 EDT 2008

Alan,

Pretty accurate.  I think the 20' waterline gives our boats a
theoretical hullspeed of 5.99 knots.  I don't know if salt water helps,
but my 9.9 Mercury outboard can easily get the boat planing at over 6.5
knots if the chop isn't too bad.

I typically don't motor any faster than 5 knots just because of the
noise.

Lee