[Rhodes22-list] This day in history

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Mon May 5 15:30:41 EDT 2008

Slim,

You change the argument. The question wasn't whether or not he was
average, the question was whether or not he was dumb.

You information about your sister in law is interesting, but not quite
factual. There IS a different standard to which those at Yale (or any
other Ivy-League college) are held. I will restate what I said before -
Chances are slim you'll get into Yale if you're "Dumb". Chances are just
about non-existent that you'll graduate. Same for the MBA at Harvard.

I never said he'd have to be a genius to fly a plane. We're talking
extremes here. You went from dumb to genius. You're question shouldn't
have been "is it possible for a man with average intelligence to learn
to fly?",  but more appropriately "is it possible for the dumbest son of
a bitch to ever take office to learn to fly", but not "just to fly", but
to fly a supersonic fighter jet.

Watch what the answers are, but I suspect it won't make a difference.

You're ignoring the fact that he was one of the most popular (and
successful) governor's that Texas has had in a long time.

As to you not seeing "one shred of evidence that he "is any smarter than
the average shmuck" (again, different that being "dumb), you may not
have seen the evidence, but people saw enough in him to vote him into
the office - twice. And THAT is the measure we use to decide whether or
not he has what it takes to be President.

In short, nothing you've said here shows he's the dummy that the
Bush-haters would like him to be. As a matter of fact, it just sounds
like so much more "I didn't get my way".

As a fair comparison, we could talk about Clinton, a man who made many
promises about bringing perpetrators of terror to justice, who also
failed. Who exercised the lack of judgement to cheat on his wife, leave
physical evidence, then lie about it, not only to the American people,
but under oath.And what did he ever really "do" besides be a lawyer and
a politician.

As I said. I'm no fan of the man, but he's no dummy. You don't get where
these people are by being dummies, no matter how much an average Joe, or
even a few million of them, dislike you.