[Rhodes22-list] political: CNN Poll Finds Rhodes 22 Owner As#1Political Irritant

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Mon May 5 22:22:11 EDT 2008

Hank, I just wish that you were right about it being just my words.
Actually, it is being attributed to Bush, which is far more alarming,
hence the quotation marks.  I would not say that myself, and I wish
he had not, if indeed he did.

http://runamuckster.blogspot.com/2005/12/scissorsrockjust-piece-ofpaper.html
http://clipmarks.com/clipmark/A9073781-B928-4D16-8DF0-98D66E3016DB/
http://www.dissidentvoice.org/Dec05/Leupp1214.htm

/Robert
Hank wrote:

> Herb,
>
> Come on, even I recognize that he was talking "tongue-in-cheek".  Relax,
> take your meds.
>
> Hank
>
> On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 6:58 PM, Herb Parsons <hparsons at parsonsys.com> wrote:
>
> > Robert,
> >
> > I personally find your views that the constitution is "just a piece of
> > paper" to be disgusting. You should be ashamed of yourself.
> >
> > Robert Skinner wrote:
> > > Now, Pete.  You know that "The constitution is
> > > just a piece of paper," and we must all back the
> > > President without reservation, or foreign terrorists
> > > will question our will to lay down our lives,
> > > liberties, and happiness in support of the
> > > military-industrial complex that keeps us free.
> > >
> > > We must be thankful that someone has taken on the
> > > burden of deciding what is right and wrong.  It
> > > is abundantly clear that privacy and the right to
> > > be free of arbitrary arrest and detention are
> > > intolerable impediments in our death struggle with
> > > those foreigners who threaten our exercise of our
> > > freedoms.
> > >
> > > I hope this helps you get back on the right track.
> > > You need to stop challenging those who have a
> > > perfectly clear picture of that way things should be.
> > > Your questions could weaken the resolve of citizens
> > > to support our war with global terrorism, wherever it
> > > is, and however our leadership chooses to define it.
> > >
> > > Where did you get this idea that we could or
> > > would actually impeach a sitting president?
> > > Or even prosecute after him leaving office?
> > >
> > > Presidents do not commit crimes.  They may be a bit
> > > overzealous in pursuit of the national interest,
> > > which naturally coincides with their own, but they
> > > are not criminals, no matter what they do.  They are
> > > national father figures, and are automatically
> > > pardoned so that their actions do not embarrass or
> > > divide the nation.
> > >
> > > And remember, our leadership has decided that the
> > > old namby-pamby restrictions on interrogation methods
> > > do not apply to terrorists.  If you are not for our
> > > leadership, you are against it -- and could be
> > > declared a terrorist.
> > >
> > > Remember that.
> > >
> > > /Robert (cum grano salis)

> > Then,

> [...]