[Rhodes22-list] New Toy

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Tue May 6 06:08:47 EDT 2008

Easy there Robert.  Sixty years isn't that old depending on where she spent
her life.  Coastal locations are hard on everything, boats, airplanes,
construction equipment.  I wouldn't touch an airplane that spent its life in
Florida.  The product I used to "fog" my 48' model, CorrosionX, is excellent
as is the product ACF50.  CorrosionX is thinner and penetrates more but
ACF50 stays in place longer.  I plan to alternate treatments year to year.
I've sprayed all the electrical components on my boat and some of the
starting issues I've had in the past have gone away.  I can't say enough
good things about the stuff.

 The Swift is a neat little airplane, just a tad slow for my purposes, and
that particular one has been updated with instruments and avionics.  I'd
want one that was original. The airplane market has tanked at $5+ per gallon
for avgas.  I'm guessing the trawler market isn't doing well either. Now is
a wonderful time to own a sailboat.

Brad