[Rhodes22-list] E-mail service (WAS. . . and an Open Reply... Like this, Slim)

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Tue May 6 12:37:12 EDT 2008

5GIG is quite a bit unless you download movies or lots of iTunes....and some places (mine) can't get Sprint....

  And if anyone is considering going to an EVDO modem, check out 3GStore.com.

  These guys are totally in the loop as far as this technology is concerned. Absolutely top notch info...they set everything up with the Verizon account...free 30/day trial...

  And if you have a Verizon cell phone & put both wireless accounts on the same bill, you save $10.00/mo. Not sure if it a limited time....

  Funny story associated with my setting up my modem:

  My laptop was having issues so I called tech as I was unsure about several of the choices.
  Now the company is in Chicage...as is the # to call for tech.

  We'd chit chat while rebooting, etc...turns out he was in VA, not Illinois (the tech guys work from home from around the country).

  It turns out he was in a town about 20 mi from where I used to work & teach.

  I asked him if he were familiar with the town..and there ws a brief silence.

  He asked if I'd known any (Smiths)...I named some that I'd taught...silence again...

  The family I'd taught was his uncles, aunts , and FATHER.

  Small world.

  elle

Jack Chirch <jchirch at gmail.com> wrote:
  Good point, Hank. IMHO, Gmail's greatest feature is its price. Like Elle,
I've moved over to a broad-band wireless service, & my carrier (Verizon)
doesn't provide email service. Since my experience w/ web-based email has
been crappy without exception, I was tickled to find that the guys @ Google
would provide 'real' email service for $0.

BTW, for those interested, Verizon's broadband wireless has been reliable,
and fast (far faster than Hughes' satellitesevice)--at least for the first
two weeks. Price is $59/mo, and it's completely portable--just a single
little USB modem the size of a matchbook, that doesn't care what computer
it's plugged into. For anybody who can't get good cable or DSL service, this
is worth looking at. Caveat: Verizon's service has a 5 Gigabyte per month
cap. Sprint's is 'unlimited'.