[Rhodes22-list] Ron's new boat at Boca Ciega

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Sat May 10 14:50:02 EDT 2008

All,

Ron and Linda and rigged his new boat this morning without a hitch.  We used the famed Czerwonkamatic rigging system and it only took 21 minutes.  We plan to go out on the water on Tuesday, as storms move into the area on Sunday and Monday, temps are perfect and the winds are steady.  Unfortunately I cannot report similar conditions at Lanier or Hartwell.

We encountered one problem which continues as a challenge - the new bimini refuses to tighten.  The front and rear straps are taut, and the suspension tubes are adjusted as from the plant, but the bimini edges hang very loosely on the front of the middle bar, rendering them ineffective in shedding rain as intended.  Does anyone have ideas on how this can be adjusted.  Call me if you cannot reach Ron, and I can help him further on Tuesday or in the next two weeks while he is here.

Still trying to locate the mystery Rhoadie at the St Pete marina.  Does Stan know?  This is a beautiful new black or dark blue hulled boat.  Let's keep him in the family.  Ron told me today that we recently lost a Rhoadie to a Flika.  The Flika is a beautiful boat ( Bruce Bingham, the designer is a fellow member at Boca Ciega YC ), but losing a skipper is a tragedy.

Chow,

Art