[Rhodes22-list] Pedal Steel? Re: Mississippi River

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Fri May 16 08:21:26 EDT 2008

Hi Joe,
Winnie was a marvel, the first person I ever saw play pedal steel in
person. He was also a champion banjo player. We were fortunate to
hear him play many times when he lived in Philadelphia and a few
times when he would come back to visit once he moved to New Zealand.

You both play! Wonderful! Who are the jazz players? I don't think
I've ever heard it in jazz. I'm much more familiar with it in
country, folk and gospel/blues like the Campbell Brothers or the Lee Boys.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD