[Rhodes22-list] Political - Book Report

Rob Lowe rlowe at vt.edu
Tue May 20 09:21:22 EDT 2008

Brad,
Thanks.  I think I will have to check it out.

Heads up on another book I just read about.  Senator Jim Webb from Virginia
has just had published a new book.
http://www.amazon.com/Time-Fight-Reclaiming-Fair-America/dp/0767928350

I'm proud to have him as my Senator from the Commonwealth of Virginia.  Not
your typical politician.  He's now sponsored legislation in the Senate to
give veterans expanded educational opportunities, which the Bush
administration is opposing.

I know you've speculated on running mates and such for the upcoming
election.  Our local paper is suggesting Webb might be a potential VP
candidate.  It would make some sense.   He has the military background the
neither the Democrats have to counter McCain's service and would help
attract blue collar voters that Barrack seems to have some trouble with.
While I would hate to loose him as a Senator, I certainly see the intrigue.
We shall see. - rob