[Rhodes22-list] Farming - Not Really, It's Politics

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Wed May 21 11:07:25 EDT 2008

Rob and Brad,

Farm subsidies are necessary to provide the whole population with an
affordable, clean food supply. I'm sorry that you don't like it or understand  the
economics of farming, but be thankful every time you sit down to dinner.
Without the subsidies, there is no incentive for anyone to work the hours and  live
the lives that our farm families do. Farmers, especially dairy farmers work
seven days a week and are lucky if they have a neighbor that will milk their
cows so they can take a vacation. I grew up in the dairy state and my wife
comes  from a farm family. Many summers I spent working on farms doing duties such
as  milking, spreading, haying and everything else they do. I wouldn't trade
the  experiences for anything, but don't kid yourselves, it's not a cushy life
style.  The odors alone are enough to keep most folks away.

Rummy

In a message dated 5/21/2008 10:21:49 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,