[Rhodes22-list] Peck's Bad Boy - Economics

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Mon May 26 17:27:08 EDT 2008

It seems a great quite has settled on discussions on this forum.  Upon
receiving the post by Ron Singerman, I guessed Stan instilled his opinion of
medical care upon him.  Then I realized maybe a Brooklyn's boys view is
different a Manhattan’s boys.

He is the opinion of a Brooklyn boy:

“Milton Friedman is the twentieth century's most prominent economist
advocate of free markets. He was born in 1912 to Jewish immigrants in New
York City. He attended Rutgers University, where he received his B.A. at the
age of twenty, then went on to earn his M.A. from the University of Chicago
in 1933 and his Ph.D. from Columbia University in 1946. In 1951 Friedman won
the John Bates Clark Medal honoring economists under age forty for
outstanding achievement. In 1976 he won the Nobel Prize in economics for
"his achievements in the field of consumption analysis, monetary history and
theory, and for his demonstration of the complexity of stabilization
policy."

Excerpted from: http://www.econlib.org/library/Enc/bios/Friedman.html
So why not read the rest of the story?

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
"Comrades! We must abolish the cult of the individual decisively, once and
for all." [Nikita Khrushchev , February 25, 1956 20th Congress of the
Communist Party]

"We must stop thinking of the individual and start thinking about what is
best for society." [Hillary Clinton, 1993](yes, this quote has been verified
correct)