[Rhodes22-list] NEWS ITEM *****FLASH***** Shanghai'd SummerFinallyLaunched May 25!!

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Tue May 27 17:37:28 EDT 2008

Rob,

If I pull her to do repairs, I must completely pack up and bring her home -
there is no overnight parking at the town ramp area.  While it is only 2
miles journey, it seems so unnecessary.  I was thinking of finding a rubber
gasket for the through-hull that would hold until the end of the season when
I would rebed properly.  If I pull out, I would prefer to make the repair
and relaunch immediately.  We only have a window of about an hour or so for
the entire operation due to the tide changes (7-8 ft).  I need all the water
I can get under the hull to recover and a bit less to launch.

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY

From: "Rob Lowe" <rlowe at vt.edu>Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 5:29 PM