[Rhodes22-list] Michael W and cockpit drain

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Tue May 27 19:01:27 EDT 2008

Mike:

I replaced mine.  It turned into quite a project.  Some of the glass around
the thru hull was seriously deteriorated because of the flexing of hull and
cockpit while attached to the hose.
and had to be rebuilt.  My boat is an '84.  It took several days.  The hose
on my boat does not make a straight shot and had to be removed from both
fittings to work on the cockpit part.  My hose was hard from age that it
also had to be replaced.  I also got a flatter thru hull in the cockpit,
about 1/2 as thick as the original.

I recommend taking the boat to the house for a couple of days and do it
right.  No point in proving that Rhodes 22's don't sink while you are out in
the sound.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA