[Rhodes22-list] main cockpit drain and laz bulkhead

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Wed May 28 08:08:30 EDT 2008

Peter,

I always saw the unsealed laz as a safety feature built in by Stan.  I
thought he did it on purpose, and I use it to intentionally drain water
to the laz where it is easier to dispose of.

If your huge sealed laz fills with water it will raise the bow as the
sealed rear compartment fills--like the Titanic in reverse.  The boat
won't sink because of the floatation, but instead of remaining level and
distributing the water over the length of the hull, you are
concentrating all the weight at one end.

Bill Effros