[Rhodes22-list] motors

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Fri May 30 22:57:02 EDT 2008

Bill,

MJM's got a point here.  Someone who is better with physics can explain all
this but for the max ooompth you need a bigger prop at lower rpm's.  To get
8hp out of an 8hp engine you need to run it wide open.  Getting 8hp out of a
15hp engine would be about 60% power and near the peak of the torque
curve, and, you'd be turning a bigger screw at a more efficient rate.
Nothing beats cubic inches! (that's what the girls tell me anyway)

Brad