[Rhodes22-list] Which is Fastest?

chetc cclocksin at buckeye-express.com
Sat May 31 00:06:11 EDT 2008

I'll guess it was B...

What size Genny do you have? Our boat is an '86 also and we were out in 20
knots last weekend. We tried everything, but the Big Genny just has a
horrible shape when reefed down to a working jib or smaller. We had the boom
down, the main furled in to about 50 - 60%, and the Genny was ultimately
furled in to the size of a hanky. We had a heck of a time just getting the
bow through the wind when tacking! The foot of our main is stretched out and
it has kind of a funny shape to it, and the Genny, while great for something
less than 15 knots, is no good for reefing way in to deal with 20 knots
Plus. The boat is a real blast though, and hopefully next season we can get
a new main on it.

Anxious to hear your results!!