[Rhodes22-list] Bill...expertise expose

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Sat May 31 00:29:11 EDT 2008

Flip side of the same coin.  They couldn't get easy and cheap mortgages
if the banks couldn't get high appraisals.

I think people have the tulip craze wrong.  As I understand it, people
were bidding on extremely rare bulbs that became the basis of a
multi-billion dollar industry that has endured for centuries.  The fact
that those varieties dropped in price when the importers were able to
mass produce them is very different from most of the bubbles it has
recently been compared to.

B.