[Rhodes22-list] Sailing electronics additioan reply to Captain Rummy

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Mon Nov 3 14:25:02 EST 2008

Bill:

Captain Rummy's diagram is one of the suggested diagrams in my instruction
book.

Bill asked, "Why not mount it in the Bow?"  Most Rhodes 22's have solid
floatation foam in the bow.

Ben's reply demonstrates a political viewpoint.  A conservative seeks to
find the best results.  A conservative seeks maximize location and
usefulness of the unit.  Thus far the comments have seams to indicate that a
forward location has less turbulence and should have fewer problems with
muscles.  While being 12 to 15 feet forward is a negligible gain if you
compute say 15 feet at 3 knots, it is still a plus. Located on the inside of
the forward bulkhead is not a difficult location to install.

And you can always dunk it on the outside of transom.  Rhodies have been
sucessful doing that.

Ed K
addendum:  Marina: Commercial dock facility. Among the few places, under
law, where certain forms of piracy are still permitted, most marinas have
up-to-date facilities for the disposal of excess amounts of U.S. currency
that may have accumulated on board ship, causing a fire hazard.