[Rhodes22-list] Thom, one last time... about getting trailer...

Thom Thompson thom at thomthompson.com
Thu Nov 6 08:42:33 EST 2008

On 11/6/08 7:53 AM, "Tootle" <ekroposki at charter.net> wrote:

> Thom,
>
> There are not a whole lot of 'good' used trailers out there.  Chance of
> finding one available closer is very small.  There might be some rusted
> relics.  You do not have time to rebuild do you?  Think bearings, hitches,
> tires, bunks, too much to do, get one from Stan with a spare tire and spare
> bearing.
>
> If you do not want to loose deal, get a trailer from Stan today.  Keep in
> mind that if you go down on Friday afternoon/evening, Stan has luxurious
> accommodations available at his sailboat factory (aka, the plant).  Get the
> trailer and go back to get the boat on Saturday.
>
> Ed K
> Greenville, SC, USA
> addendum:  "I was seldom able to see an opportunity until it had ceased to
> be one." Mark Twain
Thanks Ed I really appreciate this advice, in the meantime another 1983 has
popped up for sale in SC with a trailer for $3900.00 looks like the owner
painted the hull and deck recently it has the furling mainsail no pics of
the motor it sounds old but the boat I was looking at in NY was 5500.00 with
no trailer and did not have the furling main. This is getting complicated
but a lot of fun. Thanks for the support, Thom

Thom Thompson
6 Wier Avenue
Wilmington, DE 19809
office: 302-764-2448