[Rhodes22-list] for Brad's eyes and those who reason only ...

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 20:06:43 EST 2008

John,

No problem, here's your "final solution".  It will take 40 years or
more to reverse the damage done by many of the Great Society programs.
 Patrick Moynihan warned about the unintended consequences of many of
these programs as an adviser President Johnson.  There's a huge
difference between providing a safety net and entrapment net.  Adding
"victim" status to the mix makes it all the more permanent. Isn't it a
bid odd that illegal immigrants can overcome the lack of familiarity
with the language, minimal education, and almost zero entitlements,
and yet are able to fend for themselves and their families?  The
difference is simple, they have work ethic and family values.  We have
systematically destroyed that in huge segments of our populace over
several generations and it will take several more to reverse.  Adding
money and longevity to failed programs is a wonderful way to attract
votes, but does very little to offer long term solutions.

The solution?  Announce a 2.5% cut in Great Society programs per year,
every year, for 4 decades. Take that 2.5% each year and invest it in a
new entitlement program.  Every child is guaranteed $20,000 (adjusted
for inflation) at age 18 AND graduation from high school.  The 20
grand can be used for college, trade school, to start a business or
buy a house.  But once your entitlement is gone, you are on your own,
no excuses.

The path we're on now isn't working, has never worked, will never work.

Brad