[Rhodes22-list] for Brad's eyes and those who reason only ...

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Mon Nov 10 00:32:21 EST 2008

Ooops, missed one.

No, I don't recall the parable you're talking about. Maybe you can
enlighten me. I suspect you're actually confusing a couple of different
stories, but I understand the gist of your argument.

There's the story of the pharisee who said "God, I'm so glad I'm not
like that sinner over there". In that comparison, I think that the
pharisee would have to be you. I've never claimed to detest anyone one
here. You put that claim up for me.

Then Jesus had another story, about a widow (widows had virtually no
source of income) who gave a very small amount, while the rich were
giving large amounts (many of them were giving from taking from others,
such as the widow). Christ then explained that she gave more because
they gave of their abundance, and she gave all she had.

We'll make the same comparison, and base it on percentage rather than $$
amounts.

I don't know where you've gotten the idea that I'm some sort of wealthy.
I'm not, not in the monetary sense. I'm sure it's just another one of
those assumptions you've made.

Wrong again.