[Rhodes22-list] for Brad's eyes and those who reason only ...

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Mon Nov 10 09:11:08 EST 2008

Herb,

How is it that an English language spelling of a non-English word can be
said to be spelled incorrectly?

A simple review of documents pertaining to the "Sissiton" through Google
revealed the following treaty with the Sioux (original scan of printed text)
regarding the "Sissiton Bands" in which both spellings are used on the same
page of the document:
http://digital.library.okstate.edu/Kappler/vol2/pgimages/sio0956.jpg

Inconsistencies in translations of foreign words into common language seem
to occur fairly often.  When in China, just try to order Beijing Duck.

Mike
s/v Shanghaid'd Summer ('81)
       Nissequogue River, NY

From: "Herb Parsons" <hparsons at parsonsys.com> Sent: Monday, November 10,