[Rhodes22-list] Politics & Economics

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 10:52:06 EST 2008

Just got back from the car repair shop.  Since the election results
means I won't be buying that new Toyota pickup from the factory in San
Antonio, I'm spending some money on my 14 year-old car and 13 year-old
pickup to ride out the next four years.  The owner of the garage gave
me a ride home and told me a story from one of his customers.
Customer had three daughters, two in college, and all depending on
Daddy for support.  The two voting age daughters came home on
Wednesday all giddy.  When dad found out why, he asked them for their
"Daddy" paid credit cards and cut them up in front of them, "let your
new President buy your gas from now on"!

I'd put this bumper sticker on my soon to be new/old cars but they'd
be torched where I live -

http://bumperstickers.cafepress.com/item/o-shit-sticker-oval/275552201

Welcome to Galt's Gulch!  If the top 5% who pay 60% of the taxes cut
back 10% in earnings and spending, where does that leave you?

You asked for it, you got it!

Brad