[Rhodes22-list] Politics & Economics

David Bradley dwbrad at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 01:12:01 EST 2008

I didnt think it needed that much explanation.  But OK, let's look at
your statements.

"If you are one of the 95% of the American blacks that voted for
Obama, you are finally helping America right a grave wrong."  [Partial
fact, selective interpretation that I won't disagree with, but I
suspect you were being sarcastic.]

If you are one of the 55% of American whites that voted for McCain
[Fact], you are a racist.  [Baseless inflamatory statement that
assigns racist motivations to the 45% of whites who didn't vote for
McCain.]

If you are a black American General touting a republican candidate,
youare an uncle tom [Assigning racist motivation to another big chunk
of the popluation with no basis in fact or support, assuming you mean
Blacks felt that way about the general.]

If you are the same black American General touting a democratic black
candidate, you are a deeply respected leader breaking with your party.
 [Can't argue with that - he did command a lot of respect for what he
did.  ]

If you are a half-black half-white American liberal Democrat running
for senator, you are a rising black political star.  If you are a
black American conservative running against the above mentioned
candidate, you're not really black.  [Says who?  Some extreme
commentator?  You want to assign that to whom?]

You assign racist motivation to others and engage in race-bating.  You
are intolerant of others' opinions to a greater extent than anyone
I've ever had the misfortunate to communicate with.

I rarely attack others, but in your case, I'm ok with making an exception.