[Rhodes22-list] Pictures from the office

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Wed Nov 12 16:59:06 EST 2008

When my wife and I flew to Cozumel the first time, I was struck by the
"International Airport", how the jungle came right up to the edge of the
runway.

I suppose that reality is, if your wing is off the edge of the runway,
it doesn't matter if it's grass below the wing, or a tree severing the
wing, the pilot's where he's not supposed to be. Obviously, the RESULT
of the pilot error would be more severe  though

Our "civilized", sanitized exposure to airports - wide multi-lane
runways, tubes where you walk in air-conditioned or heated comfort from
the waiting area directly to the plan, always make for a stark contrast
when you go to other parts of the world.

Not that this really applies to the pics, but the runway shots brought
back memories.