[Rhodes22-list] Special Tribute to Brad Haslett {about America, you can call what you want}

David Bradley dwbrad at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 15:57:14 EST 2008

Herb, I actually do agree with the notion of minimal care clinics if
there is to be a social support net funded though the overall payments
system.  Would perhaps clear out the ERs and protect private health
care providers.  We might debate what's covered by that, but no need
to do that here.  Is this part of anyone's proposals on a solution?
(Besides yours and mine.)

On the 1/3 guess...  I realize I didn't state my point cleary.  I was
reacting to the article, not your proposal.  One of the points in the
article (simplified) was that when 51% of the population lives on
government assistance they can then just vote for more.  What I'm
suggesting as a hypothesis is that the 1/3 who didn't vote in this
fairly historic election are probably highly overlapped with the
20-30% (?) who receive significant forms of welfare-like government
support.  I'm not including seniors on Medicaire and/or living on
Social Security in that hypothesis.

I truly can't imagine withholding the right to vote in a Federal
election from a Federal employee.  I understand your logic, but I
would draw the line in a different place.  Remember the old "theory x
/ theory y" model of management?  Or the "type 1 / type 2 risk" part
of statistics?

Dave