[Rhodes22-list] why City folk Shouldn't move to the Country

Joe Babb joe.babb at comcast.net
Tue Nov 18 08:34:57 EST 2008

Hi Caesar,
Cool.  It's interesting to know the name of animals like the possum in
other languages.
A racoon is tanuki in Japanese (hopefully I got the spelling right).

We never ate possum.  I think my Mom probably looked upon them as
'dirty'.  They caused us
problems in East Tennessee because they would sneak into the chicken
house at night and eat eggs
or even a chicken if they could get away with it.  We had to remember to
close up the hen house
every night.

My wife, Sharon, grew up in Vermont.  She tells a story about a New York
hunter who brought
in a small cow to the weigh station one time bragging about the "deer"
he had shot.  The judge
was not pleased and told him he was not welcome to hunt in Vermont
anymore.  Yet another
reason why City folk should not move to the country.  *grin*

Joe