[Rhodes22-list] Slim's Cheap Car From China - It did not say political satire

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 17:17:26 EST 2008

Ed,

Yesterday, I gave a checkride to one of our professional instructors
who is almost 70 years old and a heart transplant recipient.  He has
forgotten more about flying than most of his students will ever know
but he is on dialysis and can't hold a medical (besides being over the
new age limit of 65 and the old one pre-DEC07 rule of age 60). Under
the new TSA rules he is subject to the same random drug testing like
the rest of us but only one small problem - he can't piss.  He shows
for his "piss test", explains the problem, waits the mandatory three
hours, and then is given a fail notice because he "refused" the test.
This has happened to him twice in the last two years.  The 'gubment'
only has one form and he doesn't fit on any of the squares.  This
would be funny if it wasn't so serious.  Yeah, I can't wait for
'gubment' run health care.

Brad