[Rhodes22-list] Political....this is interesting.

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Thu Nov 20 11:09:51 EST 2008

Brad,

I don't believe Obama had a US passport at that time.

In order to get a US passport showing your "nationality" as "United
States of America" you must prove you are a US citizen.  I don't believe
Obama could do that in1981.

The passport office specifically states that the short form registry of
live birth provided by the Obama campaign is not sufficient proof of
American Citizenship.  Supporting early childhood records, which could
be used, show Obama was an Indonesian citizen with a different name.

There is no record I am aware of that Obama ever claimed his US
citizenship or his birth father's name.  He lied about his Indonesian
identity on his application for a law license in Illinois and was forced
to give up the license as a result.

The "Obama" administration looks a whole lot like what a "Clinton"
administration would have looked like if she became president.  If Obama
is ruled ineligible for the Presidency, Democratic electors in the
electoral college could be instructed to cast their ballots for Clinton
instead, and she could be elected President of the United States.  (She
could pardon Obama for all crimes committed, even those not yet charged
a la Ford and Nixon.)

Rummy,

Thanks, it IS interesting.

Obama could have put an end to this a long time ago by simply providing
information substantiating that he was born in Hawaii and legally
reclaimed his American citizenship at some point prior to running for
President.  Even then, there would be an open question about the
meaning of the "natural born citizen" clause of the Constitution, but
there is a real question here, that has not been addressed by Obama or
the Democrats.

It will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

Bill Effros