[Rhodes22-list] Knox to Mobile in a 14 foot john boat

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 22:30:10 EST 2008

Elle,

For a couple of good reads on a similar journey, read "Mississippi
Solo" by Eddie Harris and "Old Glory" by Jonathan Raban (an excellent
sailing author who also wrote "Passage to Juneau).  My favorite of all
river journeys remains "River Horse" by William Least Heat-Moon,
author of "Blue Highways".

BTW, Harris did a "Roots" type adventure through Africa a couple of
decades ago and shared his experience in "Native Stranger", another
book worth the investment of a few evenings.

Brad