[Rhodes22-list] Robert's response - non sailing, religious, etc., now political too

Robert Skinner Robert at SquirrelHaven.com
Tue Nov 25 14:11:52 EST 2008

Tootle wrote:
> Robert,
> Embracing another economic political systems
> diminishes others freedoms.

I don't see how that follows, Ed.

Taken one way, that would imply that any
restriction I place on my behavior
diminishes your freedom of choice in way
of life or values.

Taken another, any restrictions imposed
on my actions for the common good reduce
my freedoms.

It may be that we part company on the
value of the common good.  Taken to the
extreme, placing no value on the common
good leads to anarchy or what some would
see as sociopathic behavior.

I think there is common ground here, but
I am not clear on where you think it is.
We share too many values for there to be
no possible meeting of minds.

/Robert