[Rhodes22-list] Fact(s) of the day...or not

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 26 10:00:29 EST 2008

Hank,

I don't like or dislike WM...although by having them 25 miles away I don't have to go 80 for 75% of the shopping I have to do...(in town we have a gas station, a grocery, which I support as much as I can...and a Buy-Rite...which has one of every closeout known to man. Shopper's Paradise!)

I just thought the WM bit was thought -provoking...a bit of change from the "mine is bigger' that is proliferation here for the time being.

3.5% is not too bad ...DC area grocery stores  are squeezed at both ends...I thought I read that Giant /Safeway work under 1%...a really low margin...Ukrops & Wegmans (more independents) have slightly higher returns. But I don't know for sure & for sure I don't care....;^)

elle

Never consider that I will take life seriously again.